Welcome to the Larry Dicus Lions International Director Website.
Thank you Lions of the World!!
Thank you Lions of the World for the honor of being elected to the office of International Director at the Lions International Convention in Hamburg, Germany in July, 2013. Jane and I are grateful for the privilege to serve Lions in this capacity. Nearly 200 Lions and friends from MD4 California traveled to Germany to attend the convention and support our campaign. California Lions had the largest delegation of any Multiple District state in the U.S.A.!! Congratulations!!
Since July 2011, Jane and I have traveled over 20,000 miles to visit Lions Districts and Clubs throughout California in an effort to get to know MD4 Lions. Every time we meet a Lion and learn more about the great work that is being done we are even more proud to be supporting this great organzation! Thank you again for all you do to make your community a better place to live!
In order to support our campaign activities in Hamburg Germany, our committee conducted a number of fundraising events over the past year. Our campaign committee is grateful to the many Lions and friends throughout the state who supported our campaign. In particular, we are grateful to the following Districts and clubs for their support by conducting an event:
Gardena Valley Lions Club
Linden Lions Club
Los Angeles New Millennium Lions Club
Seal Beach Lions Club
Whittier Host Lions Club
A listing of our major supporters is provided on our supporter page.
Again, thank you for the opportunity to serve as Lions International Director for the years 2013-2015.
International President Barry Palmer's theme this year encourages Lions around the world to 'Follow your Dream' to make a difference in the world by dreaming big - and then working to make the dream come true. I am pleased to share that becoming a Lions Clubs International Director is certainly a dream come true for Jane and me.
As International Director I am committed to:
- Encourage Lions of the world to dream big - to look for new ways to serve their communities
- Encourage innovative use of technology to enhance our communications and member experience
- Encourage membership satisfaction and growth by promoting our club excellence and extension programs
- Offer positive encouragement to Lions and Lion Leaders in California and beyond by identifying and promoting new Lion leaders
- Actively promote Lions programs that enhance membership, leadership and community relevance and recognition
You may also follow my activities on my facebook page by clicking below. Thank you!!